Restoring teeth’s health, function and appearance often involves several steps and a combination of procedures that can include porcelain or composite fillings, porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, dental implants and tooth whitening. Our doctors and staff provide restorative dental procedures for patients in a comforting and welcoming environment.
Crowns and Bridges
Windstone Dental and JBS dental are comprehensive dental practices providing high quality dental services including the placement of crowns and bridges for patients with missing or damaged teeth.
Crowns are fixed prosthetic devices that are cemented onto existing teeth to repair and strengthen damaged teeth. Bridges are utilized to replace a missing tooth or missing teeth. A crown is used to entirely cover or “cap” a tooth that is damaged. Placing a crown over a damaged tooth will strengthen the tooth and will also improve its appearance, shape or alignment. A crown may be used to replace a large filling where there isn’t enough tooth remaining, to protect a weak tooth from fracturing, to restore a fractured tooth, cover a dental implant or to cover a tooth that has had a root canal. Crowns are available in a variety of materials and may be made of porcelain or ceramic to match the color of natural teeth.
Windstone Dental and JBS Dental offer partial dentures(or bridges), which is a prosthetic that you place in your mouth to replace the function and appearance of a few missing teeth when other natural teeth remain.
Partial teeth are designed to match the appearance of the rest of the teeth, including shape, size and color. When partial dentures are designed correctly, they are very comfortable to wear and function just like the rest of your teeth.
Typically, partials are made of metal and plastic, and we will custom design removable partial dentures or fixed partial dentures, depending upon your needs and condition.
Two Types of Dental Partials
- The two types of dental partials we offer are fixed and removable. The health and number of your remaining teeth has a lot to do with determining which type is a better choice for you.
- A fixed dental partial attaches artificial teeth to the jaw with a dental crown. It can also be attached under the gum with dental implants.
- Removable dental partials consist of a metal framework with plastic teeth and gum areas. Metal clasps hold the dentures in place, but they can be removed easily for cleaning.
The Benefits of Partials
- If you are missing a few teeth, partial dentures will make it much easier for you to speak and chew. They help to maintain the shape of your face, and help to prevent your remaining teeth from shifting.
- Dental partials also prevent problems that are caused by changes in teeth spacing, such as headaches and jaw problems.
These days many of our patients demand whiter teeth. This is a personal preference but we want to help you achieve your desired tooth shade. We offer competitive pricing on chairside whitening, take home bleach trays and bleaching strips. We will work with you to determine which bleaching method will work best for you.